Real-world entities often interconnect with each other through explicit or implicit relationships to form a complex network. Examples of complex networks are found in many fields of science such as biological systems, engineering systems, economic systems as well as social systems. In line with SITIS tradition of promoting interdisciplinary research, the international workshop on Complex Networks and their Applications aims at bringing together researchers and practitioners from different science communities working on areas related to complex networks. The workshop targets two types of contributions from prospective authors: contributions dealing of theoretical tools and methods to solve practical problems as well as applications solved by tools from network sciences. Both contributions should stimulate interaction between theoreticians and practitioners.
Authors are encouraged to submit both theoretical and applied papers on their research in complex networks. Topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
• Models of Complex Networks
• Structural Network Properties and Analysis
• Complex Networks and Epidemics
• Rumor Spreading
• Community Structure in Networks
• Formation of Complex Networks
• Generation of Complex Networks
• Community Detection in Complex Networks
• Motif Discovery in Complex Networks
• Visualization of Complex Networks
• Complex network mining
• Dynamics and evolution patterns of complex networks
• Community discovery in complex social networks
• Visual representation of complex networks
• Methodological problems in complex network studies
• Applications of complex network analysis
All the papers accepted for the workshop will be included in the conference proceedings. The proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society and referenced in IEEE Xplore Digital Library and major indexes. They will be available at the conference.
Extended versions of selected papers will be published in International Journals.
* Paper Submission: September 6, 2014
* Acceptance/Reject notification: October 5, 2014
* Camera ready: October 15, 2014
* Author registration: October 19, 2014
General Chair: Hocine CHERIFI, University of Burgundy, France
If you have any queries, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to address them.
Program and registration: http://www.complexnetworks.org/